Clamp in Forumland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clamp in Forumland

Welcome to Clamp discussion forum

I forgot my password

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April]

Tue 14 Apr 2009, 11:58 by Shaolan

This Poll will find its end at the 1st May. Until that day you have time to vote or to edit your vote.

For the newest update (17th April) please go to the bottom of the page. it is written with …

Happy Easter! From all the Staff at Clamp In Forumland!!!

Mon 13 Apr 2009, 01:31 by Seishirou

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you have a lot of chocolate over there!!! ^^

No matter your religion, we hope the love rise inside your heart and get todether everyone today!!

Best wishes!!!

Latest topics

» Four Elements RP
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:30 by Saikua

» Kingdom of orphans
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:29 by Kirei Ryuusei

» Vanapia Hanto: Kawari Unmei
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:27 by Saikua

» The Prince Detective
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:26 by Kirei Ryuusei

» xxxholic chapter 182
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:55 by Seishirou

» One million pages thread!!
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:37 by Kyoki

» Rate that Character
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:36 by Kyoki

» Give the person above you a nickname
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:36 by Kyoki

» Watcha doing?
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:35 by Kyoki

» Banned game!
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:34 by Kyoki

» Horitsuba Gakuen
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:17 by Kirei Ryuusei

» Science and Life
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] EmptySat 23 May 2009, 12:46 by Jinx Rose Death

Poll

Who is your fave of the seven seals? (And others)
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left41%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right 41% [ 46 ]
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left41%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right 41% [ 45 ]
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left5%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right 5% [ 5 ]
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left3%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right 3% [ 3 ]
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left5%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right 5% [ 6 ]
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left0%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left2%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right 2% [ 2 ]
You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left4%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right 4% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 111

Keywords

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

+12
Syaoran
moezy-chan
chibi-chan
BabyKawaii
Kyoki
amethyst-rose
Smile_For_Me
YamiSakura
Seishirou
hatsuharupeace
Rayna
Shaolan
16 posters

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April]

Poll

Do you want to switch to vBulletin?

[ 22 ]
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left85%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right [85%] 
    [ 4 ]
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_left15%You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Bar_right [15%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Poll closed
    Shaolan
    Shaolan

Aries Horse
    Birthday : 1990-04-15
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Humor : Muhaha!
    Diamond Member : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 49293414d1f85_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934bb513dc_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934a5426a4_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934156e676_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Amused
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Empty You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April]

Post by Shaolan Tue 14 Apr 2009, 11:58

This Poll will find its end at the 1st May. Until that day you have time to vote or to edit your vote.

For the newest update (17th April) please go to the bottom of the page. it is written with green font-colour^^

Well, as the title says, we are thinking about moving the boards to vBulletin. You may know it, but I want to give you some reasons, why we want to do this:

1st thing is that vBulletin allows us to make better styles for the boards then we are able to do now, also including an own website, that belongs to this forum (those from TF may remember)

2nd thing is that vBulletin is safer: We had a crush here at the beginning and many posts were lost.We did not have a databackup, but vBulletin has. So this would not happen to us again.

3rd: The features really are better than those we have in forumotion: the reputation-system works better, every member cab take influence regarding to his reputation.

I said that we'd be able to import the database from this board but forumotion and its partners refuse to give us the database (I have asked it feels like 1000 different people, all saying sth different before I recieved an official reply from forumotion. And there they say we won't get the database therefore the ImpEx programme of vBulletin won't work.)

So what we can do (in the case you want to move to vBulletin) is to leave this board behind as an archieve for the old posts. The themes will be locked but still viewable. The most important threads can be taken over (Copy and paste manually by staff^^')

The creator of the thread can be changed at vBulletin so that every thread would get its old original creator. The titles you got will also be saved/ given back to you once you arrived there. Also the post-count can be restored. Of course all this needs its time so not everything will be as it used to be immedeatly. But We can manage this, if you vote for the move.

Since those who have already voted gave their vote with the wrong information, you will be able to take your vote back and to vote differently, if you have changed your mind.

Other features are these (from vBulletin-webpage):

General Features

* Scalable solution - database server and web servers can reside on separate machines.
    * MySQL back-end database
    * vBulletin can be run on any machine that can support PHP and MySQL (Solaris, BSD, Linux, Windows, Mac)
    * Written in PHP which makes for a fast and efficient product
    * Admin Control Panel
    * Moderator Control Panel
    * User Control Panel

General Forum Features

Threads

* Thread display options - sort by, sort order, from date
    * Thread and forum subscription (notification by email optional)
    * Thread preview on mouse-over (optional, via Admin CP)
    * Active Users viewing thread shown
    * New Post Indicator
    * Printer Friendly versions on threads
    * Admin tools for Threads - edit/delete/move/lock/Make sticky/ etc
    * Email page to a friend option
    * Similar Threads displayed on all thread views

* Linear, Threaded, Hybrid display views available
    * Supports BB Code in posts
    * Supports HTML in post
    * Smilies
    * Optional WYSIWYG or standard editors for posts and Private Messages
    * Attachment images (.gif,.jpg, etc) are no longer in the database (optional, via Admin CP)
    * Quick reply box (with optional "forced" click on post to quote)
    * Preview post option
    * Post rating
    * User reputation
    * Polls
    * Post Reporting - report posts to moderators
    * User post count
    * Admin tools for Posts - edit/delete/move/ etc
    * Preview safe attachments

Members

* Member List
    * Member Search
    * User Style picker
    * Private Messaging
    * Buddy list
    * Member Birthdays shown on Forum home

Calendar Features

* Supports multiple private and public calendars
    * Viewable public and private events (adminCP option)
    * Weekly, monthly and yearly views
    * Jump to Today option
    * Add single, ranged or recurring events
    * Add all day events
    * Option to show calendar event on forum home page (adminCP option)
    * Show events to specific usergroups (adminCP option)
    * Calendar Moderation
    * Private events reminder
    * Ability to add custom fields

General

* Who's online
    * Search

User Control Panel Features

Editable user profile

*This information can be viewed by other members from the member list. Custom user title, URL home page, date of birth, instant messaging medium, location, occupation, biography, interests, vB version, plus any other custom user fields that may be defined by the administrator

Profile pictures

*Allows members to upload pictures that can be viewed in the users' profile.

Private Messaging

* Pop-up notification when new PM received
    * Private Message Tracking
    * Private Message filing in custom folders

User Options

*These include Daylight Savings options, forum style chooser, selection of notification types for PM, emails etc, thread display options, WYSIWYG editor options, language chooser, vCard downloads to allow the user profile to be placed into an address book

Attachment Management

* View attachment statistics - shows limit and used space
    * View the attachments you have posted (link or thumbnail views available)
    * Remove attachments

* Admin Defined Avatars
    * Custom Avatars - upload from your own computer or specify a URL

General

* View and manage subscribed threads and forums
    * Calendar event reminders for subscribed events
    * Pop-up auto-refreshing buddylist with ICQ-style alerts when new buddies come online
    * Signature Editor
    * Email and password changes require current password
    * Joinable Public User Groups

We want you to decide. We respect your opinion, we are doing this for you not for ourselves. But we may also need a bit support from you. vBulletin is quite expensive. So that is why we need some guys who'd donate a bit. We can open this board. A donation-function will be enabled and there will be a button for those who donate sth. You don't have to do it, but we'd be very delighted if we got a bit support from you.
    Donating is volunzary! We don't want anyone to feel a pressure to donate something, nobody is mad at anyone if this one does not donate. You should be at least 18 years old for donating
    So please think about it and then vote.

Any question? Then please ask me or another admind...or post it here. We'll be glad to answer all your questions

So thanks to Miko-san we have alittle comparison between Forumotion and vBulletin. I have added just a few sentences taht are marked with these nice Clamps ( [ and ] ):

Quoted by Miko-angel, modifications by Shaolan:

"After reading everbody's comment in here, it seems to me somehow that most of you are still quiet concern about loosing your posts nor, there won't be much discussion going around in the new host, or this forum will be deleted if we're moving off etc. We, as the admin team member are aware of that and we did come up with quiet a few number of solutions which we believe it will work according to our plans. These solutions have already discussed/answered by Hatsu and Shaolan therefore, I won't be repeating the same statement ^^ However, I will give you a brief clarification about the advantage and disadvantage of forumotion host, and since Shaolan has already clarified about VBulletin in the announcement, I guess I do not need to explain about it wink

Forumotion.com is a company that provides free forums, and they offer quite a lot in comparison with other forum hosts and providers. They were formerly known as 'editboard' and 'forumactif'. In comparison with other forum providers. Forumotion forums are an extensively modified version of PHPBB, with a lot of extra features. However, whilst there are features on forumotion that PHPBB does not have, the reverse is also true.

Forumotion offer pretty much unlimited users and posts, and there are no bandwidth limits. There are support forums in various languages, where you can find and ask for help if needed.

There are quite a lot of features, so I may not cover them all.
    --Standard Features--

-Creation of Categories and Forums
    -Customizable skins: You are able to change the colours, buttons, logos and pictures on your forum. There are several pre-installed themes available if you're not feeling creative, or if you're a bit of an expert, you can edit the CSS yourself. One thing not offered by forumotion is the ability to have multiple skins, however they do provide a script to do this on the support forum.[Multiple skins are possible at vBulletin but of course, they'll need plenty of time for preparation]

-Portal Module: Once installed, you can add unlimited 'blocks' to the portal, which essentially acts as your homepage. It gives a nice, finished look to your forum. [the look of vBulletin's portal looks more professional...of course only if you have some graphic skill^^. But as hatsu-kun said, he has technical support and Miko-san is experienced with homepages and blogs we are quite optimistic regarding to this]
    -Word Censors
    -Addition of Rules and FAQ
    -Addition of smileys
    -Avatar Gallery: You can add and delete avatars to your gallery as and when needed.
    -Member groups: Very useful if you want to classify groups, or create forums that can only be seen by certain members.
    -Private Messages: Something I like about PMs on forumotion boards is that a record is kept of the dialogue between each person. For example, if I send a PM to 'Ayashi', she will then see our previous PMs underneath.
    -Users Connected: With an adjustable time-frame, you can see which members have been connected recently. This is shown at the bottom of your index page.
    -Calendar Module: If you activate the calendar, a link will show up in your nav bar and you will be able to add dates and events to it.
    -Ability to add moderators: You can assign certain members moderator status across the whole board, or simply for a certain forum. [There we are more flexibel at vBulletin. That makes organization easier and more effective for us and indirectly for you, too^^]
    --Extras--
    -Integrated Chatbox: most interesting feature, though the dimension is quite big and it takes amount of scolling to see the actual forum. However, you can resize the CB once you logged in, athough, I find it is quiet inconvience for me since I hardly use the CB 7__7
    -RPG Module: If your forum is an RPG (role playing game), this is a great addition. Once installed, members will have the option to fill in their RPG Character Sheet, and this information will then appear underneath their avatar in all of their posts.
    -Gallery
    -Spoiler Tags

**Points**
    -Reputation system: which has recently been implemented, though there has been many occasions, we experience problem with the reputation system ( the same with the visitor message 7__7)[vBulletin has a different system: Here you recieve 1 point - or you loose it, depends on the vote- everytime when a member votes. So every member's voice counts equally. On vBulletin those members with high reputatipon have more influence in the reputation of others. This is the system i prefer, but maybe others find the other one better. A matter of taste of think]
    *Vistor message: a great feature, however there are still minor glitches/issues occuring 7__7
    -Pro Version of Gallery: As I mentioned earlier, this makes the gallery available to everyone and gives you unlimited storage.

**Disadvantages of Forumotion**

Whilst I do think that forumotion is a cut above other forum providers, there are downsides. The first of these is the inability to access the forum files, and so if you start your forum on forumotion but later you want to move to a paid host, you are unable to do so and take your data and members with you. If you're happy to stay on a free-hosted site though, this shouldn't be a problem for you. However, I cannot guarantee that your posts will be any in secure for now or in the future since this is a free host service and it may expriences down time anytime ( and yes, we did exprience the down time in the past and we did lose quite amount of posts)Related to this, as an adimin and member, you have to rely on the forumotion owners and technicians to add new features. Whilst you can suggest new mods on the support forum, there's no guarantee that they'll listen to you and this can be quite frustrating. For some time the forum I have wanted and needed multiple skins, and this has been suggested but as of yet, nothing has been done. The lack of multiple skins option is also a downfall of this provider.

A minor problem is that because forumotion is a French based company, there are the occasional things that are lost in translation. For example, on new updates, some things may at first appear in French until it is reported and changed.

A final complaint I must make about forumotion is the server problems. Whilst they are quite infrequent, it is frustrating when it happens with no warning. Although, as I said previously, that we did lose a few data in the past when the server went down."[/quote]

Last edited by Shaolan on Wed 22 Apr 2009, 03:14; edited 5 times in total
    Rayna
    Rayna
    User of the Month
    User of the Month

Leo Snake
    Birthday : 1989-08-15
    Job/hobbies : Selling photos/Social Service Worker
    Humor : Grand
    Member : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Cheerful
    Registration date : 2008-10-24

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Empty Re: You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April]

Post by Rayna Tue 14 Apr 2009, 17:00

I'd have to put a "no." I guess mainly because I'm comfortable here, although I normally welcome change - the idea of you running an expensive board may be difficult on yourselves and I have been with various different boards who couldn't keep up. I'd have to be honest, I probably won't donate - I'm sure you're not requesting a lot, of course, but spending money online actually makes me a little worried. Not only this, but as a student herself who has so many expenses (and it's only going to get worse) I wouldn't be able to offer help as of now.

1st thing is that vBulletin allows us to make better styles for the boards then we are able to do now, also including an own website, that belongs to this forum (those from TF may remember)

Nifty feature, although you've done a good job with this board, even with what now seem like quite impairing limitations. ^^' An own website may engage people more. As long as you have the time and patience to run it.

2nd thing is that vBulletin is safer: We had a cruch here at the beginning and many posts were lost.We did not have a databackup, but vBulletin has. So this would not happen to us again.

A good feature, especially if you find yourselves getting blamed by members in case of crashes ...

. But we may also need a bit support from you. vBulletin is quite expensive. So that is wy we need some guys who'd donate a bit.

I guess this is the only part making me iffy. Most of the other parts are excellent (although the coding part is more like jibberish to myself, as I don't do that) And it can sure improve things. But as forum leaders just remember and keep in mind what you have time and money for. Yes, the board is important; yes, it's a good life skill - html coding, running a website, improving a website to potentially draw in more members - but don't let it become a chore in which you have to pay just to sustain it.

That's just my in-put, I could totally be off on all of and maybe many members will donate!

And with that thought, I'm off to sleep!
    hatsuharupeace
    hatsuharupeace
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Aquarius Rooster
    Birthday : 1993-01-27
    Job/hobbies : Anything. And I\'m a student
    Humor : LALALALA
    Diamond Member : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 49293414d1f85_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934bb513dc_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934a5426a4_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934156e676_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Angelic
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Empty Re: You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April]

Post by hatsuharupeace Tue 14 Apr 2009, 17:07

Donation is really only needed in the worst possible scenario; we need to pay for server costs, Shaolan tripped over, fell in a pond, got sick, and needed to pay for doctor's fees meaning that we don't have enough money to pay for the license.... Yeah. xD

But in all seriousness, donation is just the last resort we're taking, however, donations are welcome if anyone wants to donate. It's not a given, it's just there for the members to have a small think about it. So don't dwell to much on it.

HTML coding is something which I can take care of; I understand a bit of it, but I do however have a lot of technical support in members from other forums I'm a member of. ^^ So no dramas there.
    Shaolan
    Shaolan

Aries Horse
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Amused

Post by Shaolan Wed 15 Apr 2009, 03:05

I said that we'd be able to import the database from this board but forumotion and its partners refuse to give us the database (I have asked it feels like 1000 different people, all saying sth different before I recieved an official reply from forumotion. And there they say we won't get the database therefore the ImpEx programme of vBulletin won't work.)

So what we can do (in the case you want to move to vBulletin) is to leave this board behind as an archieve for the old posts. The themes will be locked but still viewable. The most important threads can be taken over (Copy and paste manually by staff^^')

The creator of the thread can be changed at vBulletin so that every thread would get its old original creator. The titles you got will also be saved/ given back to you once you arrived there. Also the post-count can be restored. Of course all this needs its time so not everything will be as it used to be immedeatly. But We can manage this, if you vote for the move.

Since those who have already voted gave their vote with the wrong information, you will be able to take your vote back and to vote differently, if you have changed your mind.
    Seishirou
    Seishirou

Pisces Tiger
    Birthday : 1986-02-25
    Humor : The greatest!
    Diamond Member :
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 49293414d1f85_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934bb513dc_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934a5426a4_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934156e676_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Fine
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by Seishirou Wed 15 Apr 2009, 03:47

Shaolan wrote: The titles you got will also be saved/ given back to you once you arrived there. Also the post-count can be restored

That is a great option! That way people like Hokuto-chan, Subaru-kun and all the others with their thousands posts won't be lost, at least, their numbers.

Shaolan wrote:The most important threads can be taken over (Copy and paste manually by staff^^')

Yup! Time to work!!!
    YamiSakura
    YamiSakura

Taurus Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-05-04
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Mellow
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Post by YamiSakura Wed 15 Apr 2009, 05:00

Seishirou wrote:That is a great option! That way people like Hokuto-chan, Subaru-kun and all the others with their thousands posts won't be lost, at least, their numbers.

^^;;;; The only way to do that properly would be the "admin" probably log in under each individual account and posted it as if they were those people alternatively each time.... In which, this is certainly NOT going to be as easy as just "copy/pasting" the important thread/content....
    Especially considering even each one of us had a hard time trying to "post" over 1000 posts... trying to create thousands for each individual members... I can only say... this is not going to be a pleasant move if we need to satisfy everyone [I can almost say that it is quite hellish things to do Sad]
    I am not saying once it started, I wouldn't help out but just my opinion on WHY create problem for ourselves?? It is not like what we have now is comparably A LOT worse than what we can thrive for!?
    Smile_For_Me
    Smile_For_Me

Leo Cat
    Birthday : 1987-07-23
    Job/hobbies : Teacher
    Humor : Anything
    Bronze Member :
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Happy
    Registration date : 2008-11-06

Post by Smile_For_Me Wed 15 Apr 2009, 05:30

I voted "yes" for this. My reason is because my sister has her own vBulltin account, and I know a little bit more of its workings. (and if I ever need help, I'll just run to her...LOL)

Copy and Paste is an idea we can work on and making this site the archives, but I do have a question...
    What of the members who just got here, or who don't want to change over? It could make a split among people.

I mean, I have no problem moving over to another site...
    Rayna
    Rayna
    User of the Month
    User of the Month

Leo Snake
    Member : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Cheerful

Post by Rayna Wed 15 Apr 2009, 05:56

Seishirou wrote:That is a great option! That way people like Hokuto-chan, Subaru-kun and all the others with their thousands posts won't be lost, at least, their numbers.

YamiSakura wrote:I am not saying once it started, I wouldn't help out but just my opinion on WHY create problem for ourselves?? It is not like what we have now is comparably A LOT worse than what we can thrive for!?

And this is the problem of starting anew; but like I said - most of the chore does not rest on us members, more so the admins - it will be you doing the work and placing in the effort. And if things don't work out, I'd certainly hope you wouldn't have to deal with too much backlash.

Than again; you're warning the members that this is their choice and have provided reasons. I don't have a big post count, so of course, this isn't an issue with myself. There's some amazing threads and to lose all of it, and even closing off this board but providing it as a referance - would be needlessly confusing and somewhat unorganized. ^^;;;

Last edited by YamiSakura on Wed 15 Apr 2009, 06:46; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fix quote)
    Shaolan
    Shaolan

Aries Horse

Post by Shaolan Wed 15 Apr 2009, 06:11

Well, the thing is, that we cannot give every post the original creator. That is -as far as I know- only possible for the 1st post of the thread. And the idea, that we could log on under the individual usernames is not what we can do in reality. We don't have the right to log in under the usernames. We are allowed to change profiles if we must but every user has to keep his password a secret.

@YamiSakura: I think you misinterprated Seishirou: He said that at leist their numbers of posts won't be lost. And that is what we can do easily. You can have your post numbers, too. The posts themselves will be archieved here and - if they are comtemporary- published there under the described conditions:

We will copy the posts and paste them. If possible we change the usernames by time. If not we write in the post, who originally wrote it. This has been done once at TF2 where old threads from TF have been saved that way. And providing the old board as an archieve is, if I may say so much, not unorganized but what I'd call service. We could just delete it. We just want that the posts are not lost completely. Discussions will be taken to the new board but old threads will just be archieved. So, we really do what we can do, but we can't make a database appear out of nothing^^

And yes, the warning is there. The possability to make your first vote unhappen is enabled, too, so i guess thie election happens under fair conditions.
    amethyst-rose
    amethyst-rose

Aquarius Buffalo
    Birthday : 1986-02-08
    Job/hobbies : Student who enjoys anime/manga, crossovers, shoujo-ai, CLAMP, astronomy, drawing, lots of stuff XD
    Silver Member :
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934156e676_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Fine
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by amethyst-rose Wed 15 Apr 2009, 08:40

Wow, it sounds like a lot of work XD; I'm pretty much just neutral about it so I won't bother to vote, but I will follow if the forum does move since I like everyone here, as long as I know where to go ^^ (for copy and pasting, if it comes to that, I don't mind saving stuff as back up if you guys need the extra help :3)
    Kyoki
    Kyoki

Sagittarius Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-12-02
    Job/hobbies : watching anime, reading manga, playing video games
    Humor : Eh?
    Gold Member :
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934a5426a4_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934156e676_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] In_love
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by Kyoki Wed 15 Apr 2009, 15:33

I voted no since I'm really comfortable here. I'm familiar with everything here. This site is easy to navigate and I really like it.
    BabyKawaii
    BabyKawaii

Aries Monkey
    Birthday : 1992-03-25
    Job/hobbies : manga
    Humor : ????
    Bronze Member :
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Amazed
    Registration date : 2009-01-05

Post by BabyKawaii Wed 15 Apr 2009, 15:47

I voted yes because I really like the VBulletin :luv: One of my friend own a French VBulletin site. It has many interesting features! ^_^ But I the only thing I can't make a donate because I don't have a job and I'm just a student ~.~
    chibi-chan
    chibi-chan
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Leo Dog
    Birthday : 1994-08-12
    Job/hobbies : eating, reading manga, dancing, drawing
    Humor : keke
    Diamond Member :
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 49293414d1f85_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934bb513dc_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934a5426a4_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934156e676_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f

Post by chibi-chan Wed 15 Apr 2009, 20:21

Rayna wrote: There's some amazing threads and to lose all of it, and even closing off this board but providing it as a referance - would be needlessly confusing and somewhat unorganized. ^^;;;
    Not at all n__n The reason we have ta do this because there is no other alternative method ta move all de post except fer copy and paste and like Shao-kun said, if that takes too long, we can write in de post who orginally wrote it. "I" really don't think it would be confusing and somewhat unorgainsed . Would ya rather ta have all your posts lost than keeping them safe for reference? I think de admin know what they're doing here, and if they aren't sure, they wouldn't come up with these kind of suggestions tongue

Anyways, I vote "yes" because, I prefer to have VBulletin than forumotion. To be honest, I really do like this site alot but sometimes, I feel that one day this forum gonna shut down anytime soon and all our posts will be lost because why? the forumotion isn't own by the admin themselves. And I also cannot trust these free forum host services because ya never know that one day, it's suddenly gonna shut down unexpectedly that ya may lost all your posts and contact with your all your friends! This is one of the disadvantage about the free forum host.
    Rayna
    Rayna
    User of the Month
    User of the Month

Leo Snake

Post by Rayna Thu 16 Apr 2009, 04:18

chibi-chan wrote:
    Rayna wrote: There's some amazing threads and to lose all of it, and even closing off this board but providing it as a referance - would be needlessly confusing and somewhat unorganized. ^^;;;
    Not at all n__n The reason we have ta do this because there is no other alternative method ta move all de post except fer copy and paste and like Shao-kun said, if that takes too long, we can write in de post who orginally wrote it. "I" really don't think it would be confusing and somewhat unorgainsed . Would ya rather ta have all your posts lost than keeping them safe for reference? I think de admin know what they're doing here, and if they aren't sure, they wouldn't come up with these kind of suggestions tongue

I never once implied that the admin do not know what they are doing, so please don't make it seem like that, I really don't appreciate that. The admins have asked for an opinion, and I have given it. In fact, Shaolan has provided very good reasons pretaining to why they wish to make a move. And yes, I'd rather have the posts kept for reference - but I have my doubts that members want to keep switching back in-between boards; in fact, copying a pasting is probably a better alternative but either way doesn't harm things.
    Shaolan
    Shaolan

Aries Horse

Post by Shaolan Thu 16 Apr 2009, 06:01

I'm sure Chibi-san just misunderstood you, and we really appreciate your opinion. This helps to make things clear and to make us explain what we forgot to mention or that we found to be natural (in contrast to the members who don't know what me mean if we don't say it...does this make sence? xD
    )

So, we will do both: The board will remain as an archieve and the contemporary threads will be copied and pasted to the new forum (of course only if the member's vote says a "yes")
    But of course it is impossible to copy and paste all threads, so this board will be an archieve. But I see the point that it may take a time that people get used to this 2-boards-system. But I guess they will get used to it (this shall only be for reference, the themes will be locked.)
    Also this old board will be reference for us: it still conatins all titles and data of the members that we need in order to give the members their titles, medals post-count etc in the new board.
    moezy-chan
    moezy-chan

Cancer Pig
    Birthday : 1983-06-24
    Job/hobbies : student
    Humor : sarcastic
    Bronze Member :
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by moezy-chan Thu 16 Apr 2009, 15:21

So glad I waited before giving my vote, since I could get more info on the matter. I'm voting yes, since I believe that it will be a better idea. I've belonged to other forums, each with different hosts, and compared to this site, those forums were easier to navigate, as well as be aware of who's online and if there were new posts. I'm not so worried about the post count, since I have a relatively low amount, but if I was at a forum that was more organized, I would most likely be more likely to post, and since this is a free hosting site, there is no guaruntee that it'll be secure.
    Syaoran
    Syaoran

Virgo Cat
    Birthday : 1987-09-01
    Diamond Member :
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post by Syaoran Sat 18 Apr 2009, 01:07

Well, I'm voting yes for the move since vBulletin will be a safer and stable forum board. We can keep things here for the record and copy the most important topics to the new board, as Shaolan-san said.

I'd rather do it this way since, well... Imagine a new forum crash deleting a huge amount of posts. Wouldn't that cause a huge grief for everyone? So, because of that, I think that "Yes", we should do it. =]
    Kyoki
    Kyoki

Sagittarius Buffalo
    Gold Member :
    You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934a5426a4_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934156e676_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 492934adb18e6_f You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] In_love

Post by Kyoki Sat 18 Apr 2009, 05:25

I was wondering if I could take back my vote for no and say yes?

I was thinking and having it on vBulletin would probably be easy and cool. XD
    YamiSakura
    YamiSakura

Taurus Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-05-04
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Mellow
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Post by YamiSakura Sat 18 Apr 2009, 06:56

Kyoki wrote:I was wondering if I could take back my vote for no and say yes?

I was thinking and having it on vBulletin would probably be easy and cool. XD

I believe the option for "cancel vote" is still active in the poll ^^ You can "cancel vote" and just re-vote it again :)
    Kyoki
    Kyoki

Sagittarius Buffalo
    Gold Member :

Post by Kyoki Sat 18 Apr 2009, 07:23

Ok, thank you! I didn't notice that until now. LOL! XD
    Yumi_Kyoshi
    Yumi_Kyoshi

Capricorn Rooster
    Birthday : 1994-01-14
    Humor : Mah Latte! *sob*
    Registration date : 2009-03-28

Post by Yumi_Kyoshi Sun 19 Apr 2009, 00:45

I voted yes, because I realized that StopTazmo runs on vBulletin, and it's very effiecient and fast.

So...yes. :) (Even if my vote doesn't really count because I'm new here.)

We'll be able to change how the forums look to more like this, though, right? *a bit confuzzled*
    Shaolan
    Shaolan

Aries Horse

Post by Shaolan Mon 20 Apr 2009, 23:37

Your vote does count like all other equally. Only one condition: You have chosen the "yes-button" at the poll^^
    Invisible_Writer
    Invisible_Writer

Scorpio Dog
    Birthday : 1994-11-09
    Job/hobbies : Writing, drawing, reading, all that good stuff
    Humor : muahahahahahaha xD
    Gold Member :
    Mood : You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Happy
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by Invisible_Writer Thu 23 Apr 2009, 11:20

I must admit I was a little apprehensive to change to vBulltin, but after reading through the posts and all of the information given and how the other members find vBulltin to be a good place, I think this would be a good idea, so I voted yes :) I just hope that you admins won't have too much on your head if the switch does indeed go into effect, so don't overwork yourselves, okay? ^_^ Thanks for letting us vote on this matter smile
    simplysnoopy

Registration date : 2009-04-24

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April] Empty what's the difference?

Post by simplysnoopy Fri 24 Apr 2009, 12:01

hi! i just joined in and would like to know what will be the difference when you switched to vbulletin? do we still enjoy the same features?
    Shaolan
    Shaolan

Aries Horse

Post by Shaolan Fri 24 Apr 2009, 12:27

Hey, 1st of all, welcome to CIFL^^

And 2nd one: The features are given in the 1st post of this thread. There is a list of the features and the comparison between those places is written in green. In general I can say that you won't have to miss any feature at vBulletin taht you have here.

Forumotion has many features regarding to the fact that it is free, but vBulletin has more (and well, it is not free - but for you members it will stay free of course^^)

But please be aware of the fact that we cannot export our data from here to vBulletin so that we will have to copy and paste the threads and post (the contemporary ones) and you have to sign in again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 21:29