Clamp in Forumland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clamp in Forumland

Welcome to Clamp discussion forum

I forgot my password

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April]

Tue 14 Apr 2009, 11:58 by Shaolan

This Poll will find its end at the 1st May. Until that day you have time to vote or to edit your vote.

For the newest update (17th April) please go to the bottom of the page. it is written with …

Happy Easter! From all the Staff at Clamp In Forumland!!!

Mon 13 Apr 2009, 01:31 by Seishirou

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you have a lot of chocolate over there!!! ^^

No matter your religion, we hope the love rise inside your heart and get todether everyone today!!

Best wishes!!!

Latest topics

» Four Elements RP
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:30 by Saikua

» Kingdom of orphans
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:29 by Kirei Ryuusei

» Vanapia Hanto: Kawari Unmei
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:27 by Saikua

» The Prince Detective
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:26 by Kirei Ryuusei

» xxxholic chapter 182
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:55 by Seishirou

» One million pages thread!!
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:37 by Kyoki

» Rate that Character
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:36 by Kyoki

» Give the person above you a nickname
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:36 by Kyoki

» Watcha doing?
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:35 by Kyoki

» Banned game!
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:34 by Kyoki

» Horitsuba Gakuen
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:17 by Kirei Ryuusei

» Science and Life
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! EmptySat 23 May 2009, 12:46 by Jinx Rose Death

Poll

Who is your fave of the seven seals? (And others)
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_left41%EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_right 41% [ 46 ]
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_left41%EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_right 41% [ 45 ]
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_left5%EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_right 5% [ 5 ]
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_left3%EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_right 3% [ 3 ]
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_left5%EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_right 5% [ 6 ]
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_left0%EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_left2%EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_right 2% [ 2 ]
EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_left4%EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Bar_right 4% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 111

Keywords

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

+4
Ayashi_Hime
Seishirou
Shaolan
Miko-Angel
8 posters

EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration!

Miko-Angel
    Miko-Angel
    Administrator
    Administrator

Scorpio Tiger
    Birthday : 1986-11-06
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Diamond Member : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 49293414d1f85_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934bb513dc_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934a5426a4_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934156e676_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Fine
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Empty EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration!

Post by Miko-Angel Tue 17 Mar 2009, 22:55

Hello

I am pleased to announce to you that Clamp in Forumland forum has now finallly updated its brand new features. Special thanks to Typlo and the forumotion team for giving us this new functionalities which allowed us to improve our forum service ^^

Here are the following features which I have set up

1 - Login pop-up
    The Login pop-up is a floating tag that follows a guest visiting your forum inviting him to either identify himself and login if (s)he is already or register if this isn't the case yet

The tab contains by default all the elements allowing a quick connexion for the member or a quick registration for the guest.

2. Flood Control System
    This system allows the admin to protect his forum against flood and/or bothersome publicity (in topics + posts + PM) and/or manners that could hinder the atmosphere of the discussions and the debates on the forum. Indeed, activating the system allows to limit the creations of threads and the sending of posts or successive P.Ms for a same member during a defined period of time that can be defined by the admins. The units are in seconds and the maximum value is 999 999 seconds, equivalent to 277 hours, or 11.5 days.

3.Multi-Quote
    This option allows you to display or not, a multi-quote button. Now it will be easier to quote several posts at the same time. This button operates on the principle of selection / deselection.

===> How it works
    Each click on the multi-quote button is equivalent to the selection of the post in question. In the same way, a 2nd click on the button will effect its deselection. The multi-quote button you clicked will then change its color.

Before multi-quote:
    Spoiler:

After multi-quote:
    Spoiler:

Important notes
    - The Multi-Quote is not lost when changing pages on the same topic. So you can multi-quote posts in the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th page for example.

[b]- To get the multi-quote resultat, it is imperative to not use the quick reply! You must use the normal reply editor by clicking the "reply" button.[/u]

Spoiler:

Mulitp-quote result
    Spoiler:

[b]4. Scrolling announcements

One of the most promising in terms of evolution possibilites. It displays annoucements in the form of text or images, on portal, forum, or all pages of the forum.

5 - Points System
    (still in progress however I will give a brief outline what a point system is all about ^^)
    The points system is a system based on different criteria and allowing users to evaluate themself or even to compete.

How are points calculated?- Points generated by the number of posts
    - Points generated by the number of topics created
    - Points generated by the number of friends that the user has
    - Reputation points
    - Points generated by the registration date of the member
    - Points generated by the number of message on his profile

6. Reputation System
    The reputation system, as you have noticed, is a sub part of the point system. It also works with points.
    Reputation is composed of items related to evaluations by users and items related to the feature "Thank you".

7. Advanced Profile
    The advanced profile is a "remake" of the vBulletin profile.

There are different tab such as:
    - The user messages: You can write a message on the profile of a member.
    - The friends list.
    - Statistics.
    - Contact information: You can contact the member.
    - The fields of the profile

Check your profile and you will see how the feature looks like wink

8. Profile field
    Still in progress

9. Avatars in members list
    You can now see all your users avatars while browsing the members list I love you

-------------------------
    We hope sincerely that this update will please you, and we stay put for all your feedbacks!

Best regards,
    MK

Last edited by Miko-Angel on Sat 28 Mar 2009, 15:38; edited 1 time in total
    Shaolan
    Shaolan

Aries Horse
    Birthday : 1990-04-15
    Humor : Muhaha!
    Diamond Member : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 49293414d1f85_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934bb513dc_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934a5426a4_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934156e676_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Amused
    Registration date : 2008-09-02

EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Empty Re: EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration!

Post by Shaolan Tue 17 Mar 2009, 23:21

Wow, thank you very much, Miko-san^^.

These updates are awesome! The profile is much easier to handle with now. And I like the reputation system. That's great.
    Seishirou
    Seishirou

Pisces Tiger
    Birthday : 1986-02-25
    Humor : The greatest!
    Diamond Member :
    EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 49293414d1f85_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934bb513dc_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934a5426a4_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934156e676_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Fine
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Empty Re: EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration!

Post by Seishirou Tue 17 Mar 2009, 23:29

I agree with Shaolan, the profile is more clean now! And I loved this new system, thought I'm screw in some points since I just joined here laugh

I knew the multiquote yet and sure this is a great system!

All in all, I guess these new changes come to help us and turn CIF a better place!

EDIT: The flood conrtol is working well, though it includes editing posts too. I posted a message and then I tried to edit and the message "Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 60 second(s) before replying or posting." showed up! ^^

Last edited by Seishirou on Wed 18 Mar 2009, 03:17; edited 1 time in total
    Ayashi_Hime
    Ayashi_Hime
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Virgo Dragon
    Birthday : 1988-08-24
    Job/hobbies : Reading manga, surfing the net, playing with my dog
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Busy

Post by Ayashi_Hime Tue 17 Mar 2009, 23:30

Thank you very much for setting up the feature Miko and thank you to Typlo and the forumotion team ^^

The new features are wonderful , I especially the reputation system and profile. I'm looking forward for more future updates in regard from the forumotion team ^^
    chibi-chan
    chibi-chan
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Leo Dog
    Birthday : 1994-08-12
    Job/hobbies : eating, reading manga, dancing, drawing
    Humor : keke
    Diamond Member :
    EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 49293414d1f85_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934bb513dc_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934a5426a4_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934156e676_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Amused

Post by chibi-chan Wed 18 Mar 2009, 11:12

Kyaaaaaaa! So cool! De profile advanced! Thank you so much Miko-chan tongue Chibi gonna give it a test now, keke tongue
    amethyst-rose
    amethyst-rose

Aquarius Buffalo
    Birthday : 1986-02-08
    Job/hobbies : Student who enjoys anime/manga, crossovers, shoujo-ai, CLAMP, astronomy, drawing, lots of stuff XD
    Silver Member :
    EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934156e676_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934adb18e6_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 4929348528fe4_f
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by amethyst-rose Thu 19 Mar 2009, 03:56

I really like the new system for the profiles, it makes them more fun x3! Thank you~ ^^
    Seishirou
    Seishirou

Pisces Tiger
    Diamond Member :

Post by Seishirou Thu 19 Mar 2009, 08:06

I just noticed an error.. I can't accept my friends request. I mean, when I have already someone in my list, I can't accept the request from the same people I already have.

example: I added cutesherry and I was accepted, then Cutesherry added me (since only CS was in my friend list and I wasn't at hers) then it just doesn't accept her when I click in +. I guess it's a bug since she already is on my list yet...
    Ayashi_Hime
    Ayashi_Hime
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Virgo Dragon
    Birthday : 1988-08-24
    Job/hobbies : Reading manga, surfing the net, playing with my dog
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Busy

Post by Ayashi_Hime Thu 19 Mar 2009, 14:21

Seishirou wrote:I just noticed an error.. I can't accept my friends request. I mean, when I have already someone in my list, I can't accept the request from the same people I already have.

example: I added cutesherry and I was accepted, then Cutesherry added me (since only CS was in my friend list and I wasn't at hers) then it just doesn't accept her when I click in +. I guess it's a bug since she already is on my list yet...

I have already posted this issue on forumotion boards and hopefully, the forumotion will able to fix it asp.

Try this and see if this works Seishirou:
    Unfriend CuteSherry and ask her if she can unfriend you and then add CuteSherry again and see if it works for both of you ^^
    chibi-chan
    chibi-chan
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Leo Dog
    Diamond Member :

Post by chibi-chan Thu 19 Mar 2009, 19:41

Why why why? Why Sherry-chan's stat is not on Chibi's friend list? 1 Chibi is not on her friend list as well >.< and how come half of ma friend list are all disappeared? huh
    Seishirou
    Seishirou

Pisces Tiger
    Diamond Member :

Post by Seishirou Thu 19 Mar 2009, 21:18

OK Now it's working. All that need is one to add the other then both will add themselves on their list. But now it seems that all lists have been reseted.... Time to work and add everyone again! laugh

Thank you for your attention Ayashi~~!

EDIT: All of my friends that I was waiting to aproove were aprroved but i'm not frind of them + suddenly I'm not friend of my friends anymore, like Cutesherry, chibi, shaolan..etc..
    Kyoki
    Kyoki

Sagittarius Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-12-02
    Job/hobbies : watching anime, reading manga, playing video games
    Humor : Eh?
    Gold Member :
    EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934a5426a4_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934156e676_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934adb18e6_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! In_love
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by Kyoki Fri 20 Mar 2009, 15:25

Wow! That is so cool! Thank you so much! XD
    Miko-Angel
    Miko-Angel
    Administrator
    Administrator

Scorpio Tiger

Post by Miko-Angel Sat 21 Mar 2009, 09:55

There is still a small glitch occurring with the Friends and Foes update. Please bared with us, I will report this issue to Typlo and see if he or the forumotion team can fix it.

MK
    chibi-chan
    chibi-chan
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Leo Dog
    Diamond Member :

Post by chibi-chan Sat 21 Mar 2009, 12:40

Yayy, thanks Miko-chan! Ayashi just sudden dissapeared from ma friend list. Hope they get it fix soon >.<
    Kyoki
    Kyoki

Sagittarius Buffalo
    Gold Member :
    EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934a5426a4_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934156e676_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 492934adb18e6_f EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! In_love

Post by Kyoki Sat 21 Mar 2009, 12:55

Wow! So that was why the friends list was being weird. I was wondering what was going on. ^-^;;;
    Miko-Angel
    Miko-Angel
    Administrator
    Administrator

Scorpio Tiger

Post by Miko-Angel Sat 28 Mar 2009, 15:37

Hello all ^^

I'm here to bring you guys a good news and latest updates from the forumotion team ^__^

Apparently, Typlo has recently announced that the forumotion now has made an update for your profiles, to make them more user-friendly and therefore easier to edit. You can now, as an admin/mod (with proper permissions) directly browse your profile and edit it directly without going to your admin panel: simply click on the field you wil to edit and there you go!

Same for regular users : you can edit your own profile the same way.

They also made the friends list visually clearer ( Hopefully, they won't screw up the the friend option this time7___7)
    Also, major bug fixes have been uploaded, so that surely help most of our forums to run 100% smooth^^

----------------------------------------

Here is the following tips for all admins and mods as well as regular members

* Who can modify the members profiles ?
    *Members can change the field values of theirs own profiles, if the fields are editable by the member.
    *Moderators can change field values for the members if the fields are editable by moderators.
    *Administrators can change field values for members moderators if the fields are editable by admins.

* How do I modify ?
    Just click the avatar or nickname of yourself or the member :

EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! 27032009122949

Warning:The icon will not appear for the fields that you do not have the right to edit.

If you have any problems with any modifications your profile, let me know.

Best regards
    MK
    Subaru-kun
    Subaru-kun

Virgo Pig
    Birthday : 1995-09-02
    Job/hobbies : Writing,reading, playing and listening to music, watching anime, you get the point
    Humor : Um, don't know
    Diamond Member :
    Mood : EXPRESS UPDATE : New features for your profiles + friends list amelioration! Dead
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

Post by Subaru-kun Sat 28 Mar 2009, 16:42

Yay! I hope the friend feature will starty working properly soon! ^^
    Kyoki
    Kyoki

Sagittarius Buffalo
    Gold Member :

Post by Kyoki Sat 28 Mar 2009, 17:13

Me too. It was starting to get a little annoying. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 05:33