Clamp in Forumland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clamp in Forumland

Welcome to Clamp discussion forum

I forgot my password

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April]

Tue 14 Apr 2009, 11:58 by Shaolan

This Poll will find its end at the 1st May. Until that day you have time to vote or to edit your vote.

For the newest update (17th April) please go to the bottom of the page. it is written with …

Happy Easter! From all the Staff at Clamp In Forumland!!!

Mon 13 Apr 2009, 01:31 by Seishirou

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you have a lot of chocolate over there!!! ^^

No matter your religion, we hope the love rise inside your heart and get todether everyone today!!

Best wishes!!!

Latest topics

» Four Elements RP
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:30 by Saikua

» Kingdom of orphans
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:29 by Kirei Ryuusei

» Vanapia Hanto: Kawari Unmei
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:27 by Saikua

» The Prince Detective
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:26 by Kirei Ryuusei

» xxxholic chapter 182
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:55 by Seishirou

» One million pages thread!!
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:37 by Kyoki

» Rate that Character
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:36 by Kyoki

» Give the person above you a nickname
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:36 by Kyoki

» Watcha doing?
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:35 by Kyoki

» Banned game!
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:34 by Kyoki

» Horitsuba Gakuen
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:17 by Kirei Ryuusei

» Science and Life
Is KuroFai Canon? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 12:46 by Jinx Rose Death

Poll

Who is your fave of the seven seals? (And others)
Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_left41%Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_right 41% [ 46 ]
Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_left41%Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_right 41% [ 45 ]
Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_left5%Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_right 5% [ 5 ]
Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_left3%Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_right 3% [ 3 ]
Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_left5%Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_right 5% [ 6 ]
Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_left0%Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_left2%Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_right 2% [ 2 ]
Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_left4%Is KuroFai Canon? Bar_right 4% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 111

Keywords

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

+2
YamiSakura
Me or the Wallpaper
6 posters

Is KuroFai Canon?

Me or the Wallpaper

Gemini Monkey
    Birthday : 1992-05-22
    Job/hobbies : Reading, Writing, eating those tiny sour grapes you occasionaly find amoungst good ones.
    Humor : ... makes life livable?
    Member :
    Is KuroFai Canon? 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : Is KuroFai Canon? Happy
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Is KuroFai Canon? Empty Is KuroFai Canon?

Post by Me or the Wallpaper Thu 26 Mar 2009, 08:13

Because we all love a good argument and I personally have seen many good arguments devoted to this. afro Also, after all this incredible angst in Tsubasa lately and of course the coming end, which will no doubt make us all cry again, a shipping discussion/argument sounds like fun. But lets not... kill each other.

Personally, I think it's reached the point where it's about as canon as Touya/Yukito, maybe. I'm not really sure though. Touya/Yukito is pretty canon.

Generally, what are people's opinions on Kurogane/Fai? Remember to give reasons!
    YamiSakura
    YamiSakura

Taurus Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-05-04
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Diamond Member : Is KuroFai Canon? 49293414d1f85_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934bb513dc_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934a5426a4_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934156e676_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : Is KuroFai Canon? Mellow
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Is KuroFai Canon? Empty Re: Is KuroFai Canon?

Post by YamiSakura Thu 26 Mar 2009, 08:41

Well, if we are saying whether KuroFai is "as canon as" Touya/Yukito... then I will say straight-up that it is a "NO"... especially in CCS, Touya/Yukito relation to each other are quite explicitly expressed by CLAMP. Even as dense as Sakura, once Yukito rejected/mentioned "I am not your most important person"... She immediately related him with her brother, Touya!! And there are certainly other reference from both Touya and Yukito in regarding to how their view of each other are.

Of course I am not denying the relationship between KuroFai since CLAMP has obviously show them with such a strong bond and especially Kurogane has made quite a bit of sacrifices for Fai [like using himself as bait and wish that he can keep Fai alive through the vampire blood, cutting off his arm without hesitation to save him]. And as well, Fai has came to the point of knowing what Kurogane been thinking with just some simple gesture. Without a doubt, they have a deep and strong connection and caring upon one another. BUT of course, other than those we can easily say that they have grown to be REALLY, REALLY close friends (or as Clamp once said in the interview "hard-boiled" : men develop a greater trust that's greater than love) because of the experience and what they have been through, and also need to survive together through this journey.

CLAMP certainly hasn't claim it as explicitly between KuroFai as Touya/Yukito. And as well, the argument can go for the same between DouWata or Fuuma/Kamui. Many has already assume them to be canon but at the same times, their relationship with each other can still pass as ambiguous.
    Me or the Wallpaper

Gemini Monkey
    Job/hobbies : Reading, Writing, eating those tiny sour grapes you occasionaly find amoungst good ones.
    Member :

Post by Me or the Wallpaper Thu 26 Mar 2009, 13:13

Yeah, that's true. Like I said, Yukito and Touya are pretty canon.

I don't know, though. I figured that Fai's side at least was kind of canon when he was talking to Yuuko about "crossing a line" and everything. And then i also read this really (really really really) long post on another website that talked about the canon-ness of them, and I was certainly convinced by that one. It was by Altomare, here it is: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/anime-manga-comics/kurofai-and-douwata/t.41256871_61/

But you're right- there has been a whole lot of sacrafices. If they ever have to do all this again they're not going to have any limbs or eyes left.

Really though, if Tsubasa finishes and they're not particularly canon, I'll just be happy if they survive. Honestly. As long as there is a relatively happy ending in Tsubasa, which there probably won't be, I will be so happy I'll dance around and... do other joyful things. i don't know.
    Invisible_Writer
    Invisible_Writer

Scorpio Dog
    Birthday : 1994-11-09
    Job/hobbies : Writing, drawing, reading, all that good stuff
    Humor : muahahahahahaha xD
    Gold Member :
    Is KuroFai Canon? 492934a5426a4_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934156e676_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934adb18e6_f Is KuroFai Canon? 4929348528fe4_f
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by Invisible_Writer Fri 27 Mar 2009, 10:09

Hi, wallpaper-chan! :D

Now to answer the question of whether KuroFai is canon or not.... personally, I don't believe so. I don't think that they're quite as canon as Touya/Yukito either, for what YamiSakura-san said above. However, as an AVID fan of KuroFai, I must say, that the manga and CLAMP are leaning quite heavily towards the possibility of KuroFai canon. I don't think I have to mention all of the subtext :D But the if you want a complete overview of what all I believe makes KuroFai a very plausible, leaning-on-canon couple, you can go on here:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/topic/3641/256037/2/

Scroll towards the bottom and find the ridiculously long post written by The Forsaken Girl. That's me :)

I feel that, with CLAMP, they want to please as many people as possible. Because of that, I don't believe CLAMP will ever make KuroFai truly canon, because I'm sure a sizable amount of their fanbase would be unhappy. But the CLAMP women are the queens of subtext and hints, so just follow the clues are there will be the treasure~ Right now, I think I'll be happiest with their lives to be spared. I would absolutely love to have a scene where Fai agrees to live with Kurogane in Nihon or wherever they might stay, but that's up to CLAMP to decide, not me. Honestly, I like subtle references to a hidden romance between Kurogane and Fai. It just makes things more fun for me~ :D n-not that I wouldn't like to see a kiss or two from them ^__^;;

Oh yeah, and hi guys, I'm back :)
    Me or the Wallpaper

Gemini Monkey
    Member :

Post by Me or the Wallpaper Fri 27 Mar 2009, 11:08

Forsaken-san!!!!! *glomps*

Yeah, they probably won't ever make it truly canon. but then, CLAMP making things truly canon is kind of rare. and you're right, it's not nearly as canon as Touya and Yukito. I mean, didn't CLAMP release a picture of those two kissing? And CLAMP never makes their characters kiss. I haven't read Cardcaptor Sakura in like, forever though.

But i don't know- Fai talking to Yuuko sounded like a canon CLAMP confession to me. I remember reading it and being pretty surprised. Neutral
    Hokuto-chan
    Hokuto-chan

Virgo Rooster
    Birthday : 1993-09-19
    Job/hobbies : writing, reading, drawing, composing songs on piano
    Humor : Ohohohoho
    Diamond Member : Is KuroFai Canon? 49293414d1f85_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934bb513dc_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934a5426a4_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934156e676_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : Is KuroFai Canon? Fine
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Post by Hokuto-chan Fri 27 Mar 2009, 11:18

Actaully in some very, very rare occassions some CLAMP charecters kissed, like in TRC didn't Ashura and yasha kiss or something? And Clone Sakura kissed Clone Syaoran's eye? And it's also rare for charecters to say: "I love you." and extremly rare for the other charecter to say it back, I counted about two times. But I doubt thta Fai would say: "I love you." to Kurogane or kissed him. Now they both have an intresting bond and Kurogane did sacrificed alot to save Fai. So I would say. . . semi-cannon. . . and what do you mean there was a pic of Yukito and Toya kissing? (I must see it then!)
    Me or the Wallpaper

Gemini Monkey
    Member :

Post by Me or the Wallpaper Sun 29 Mar 2009, 01:12

o_O I wasn't being litaral. I know characters have kissed before. I mean, Arashi and... I feel so guilty for forgetting his name... from X/1999 had sex. As for the pic of them kissing, I saw it in a youtube video called "CLAMP couples collide" or something that only used canon images, no fan art. Even then it was implied kissing practically though. there was a picture of Yukito's face upturned, eyes closed, facing the audience, with the back of Touya's head clearly kissing him. then the same with Touya. It was very clear they were kissing, but it didn't show the lip to lip contact. I think CLAMP just feels awkward about drawing that a worried they'll mess up. I mean, I heard somewhere that CLAMP feels they're not good at drawing kisses.

But you're right, Kurogane and Fai certainly won't kiss by the end. Still, there are many other things they could do that would definitely make them CLAMP canon. For instance, Kurogane could kill Fai's twin sister and then stab Fai so that someone else couldn't kill them. *glares at Seishiro* I hate that so much.
    Syaoran
    Syaoran

Virgo Cat
    Birthday : 1987-09-01
    Diamond Member :
    Is KuroFai Canon? 49293414d1f85_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934bb513dc_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934a5426a4_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934156e676_f Is KuroFai Canon? 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : Is KuroFai Canon? Cheerful
    Registration date : 2008-10-28

Post by Syaoran Sun 29 Mar 2009, 03:07

Hokuto-chan wrote:Actaully in some very, very rare occassions some CLAMP charecters kissed, like in TRC didn't Ashura and yasha kiss or something?
    Only on BeeTrain's failure of an anime. >_>

Hokuto-chan wrote:But I doubt thta Fai would say: "I love you." to Kurogane or kissed him.
    Well... since it is not Seinen, but rather a Shonen Manga, kissing won't happen. They'll most likely get a subtle canon ending in the best of the odds. XD

Hokuto-chan wrote:and what do you mean there was a pic of Yukito and Toya kissing? (I must see it then!)
    Uh... Never saw or heard about it before. >_> Anyway, Wallpaper-san, this art you saw was a black and white manga page or colored art?

Anyway, congratulations everyone, this is the first KuroFai thread I saw so far that haven't attacked other shippings, like KuroTomo, and kept the discussion civil. It's the maturity of our members! orz
    hakiri-nefertiri

Capricorn Tiger
    Birthday : 1987-01-01
    Humor : ...?
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by hakiri-nefertiri Sun 29 Mar 2009, 19:38

I agree with those who have said that they won't become as canon as Touya/Yukito, but they are getting close. I don't expect a decleration EVERY out of Clamp's male characters that have growing relationships in the stories (Kakei and Sagai don't count for this reason because it was already there)

But stuff like the splash page for 204 make me have a bit more of hope for those two. http://onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Reservoir_Chronicles/204/01/
    The splash pages actually give a lot of insight, i think to the story, unfortunately when we get the English volumes from Del Ray we don't get the words that go with them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 13:50