Clamp in Forumland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clamp in Forumland

Welcome to Clamp discussion forum

I forgot my password

You can decide! Do you want to move to vBulltin? [update: 21st April]

Tue 14 Apr 2009, 11:58 by Shaolan

This Poll will find its end at the 1st May. Until that day you have time to vote or to edit your vote.

For the newest update (17th April) please go to the bottom of the page. it is written with …

Happy Easter! From all the Staff at Clamp In Forumland!!!

Mon 13 Apr 2009, 01:31 by Seishirou

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you have a lot of chocolate over there!!! ^^

No matter your religion, we hope the love rise inside your heart and get todether everyone today!!

Best wishes!!!

Latest topics

» Four Elements RP
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:30 by Saikua

» Kingdom of orphans
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:29 by Kirei Ryuusei

» Vanapia Hanto: Kawari Unmei
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:27 by Saikua

» The Prince Detective
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 14:26 by Kirei Ryuusei

» xxxholic chapter 182
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:55 by Seishirou

» One million pages thread!!
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:37 by Kyoki

» Rate that Character
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:36 by Kyoki

» Give the person above you a nickname
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:36 by Kyoki

» Watcha doing?
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:35 by Kyoki

» Banned game!
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:34 by Kyoki

» Horitsuba Gakuen
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 13:17 by Kirei Ryuusei

» Science and Life
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 12:46 by Jinx Rose Death

Poll

Who is your fave of the seven seals? (And others)
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_left41%why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_right 41% [ 46 ]
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_left41%why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_right 41% [ 45 ]
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_left5%why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_right 5% [ 5 ]
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_left3%why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_right 3% [ 3 ]
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_left5%why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_right 5% [ 6 ]
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_left0%why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_left2%why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_right 2% [ 2 ]
why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_left4%why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Bar_right 4% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 111

Keywords

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

+5
cryingforthemoon
Misty
tomoyohime
Moon-chan
Kimihiro Li
9 posters

why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol?

Kimihiro Li

Sagittarius Cat
    Birthday : 1987-12-05
    Job/hobbies : deli
    Humor : ??
    Member :
    why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934adb18e6_f
    Registration date : 2008-10-25

why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Empty why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol?

Post by Kimihiro Li Fri 31 Oct 2008, 07:40

for one thing, CANON, for two, tomoyo likes girls and eriol is an "outtie" not an "innie" and tomoyo is far more grown up than eriol is...
    Moon-chan
    Moon-chan

Gemini Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-11
    Job/hobbies : College Student
    Humor : Depends on my mood
    Bronze Member :
    why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934adb18e6_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 4929348528fe4_f
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Empty Re: why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol?

Post by Moon-chan Sat 15 Nov 2008, 11:00

Um, I really don't know why. I suppose people prefer Eriol to be with someone else. >:
    tomoyohime
    tomoyohime

Libra Horse
    Birthday : 1990-10-22
    Job/hobbies : student; ful-time fangirl
    Humor : disturbed? XD

why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Empty Re: why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol?

Post by tomoyohime Sat 15 Nov 2008, 12:32

kaho wasn't my favorite person in the anime. for some reason, they portrayed her differently from the manga. she was a lot more fun and childlike in the manga.

i used to hate kahoxeriol because, old-in-real-life or not, it made eriol look like pedo-bait.

now, it will never be my favorite pairing, but i find it sweet. ^_^ and kaho promotes touyaxyukito, XD

but, we never really did know if tomoyo liked only girls or if she just like Sakura. ccs isn't one that makes its characters stick to a preference - e.g. touya. 12 is a little bit too young to set what they'll be for the rest of their life, i think, :D
    Misty
    Misty

Virgo Rooster
    Birthday : 1993-09-10
    Job/hobbies : student
    Humor : nothing
    Gold Member : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934a5426a4_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934156e676_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934adb18e6_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Angelic
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

Post by Misty Sat 15 Nov 2008, 16:01

KahoXEriol are the weirdest pairing in CCS to me. It's not like I hate these two couple but I found it doesn't quite match given that Kaho is an adult version and Eriol is just like a... 10 year old kid Neutral I'm mean, would you consider that a perfect couple?
    Kimihiro Li

Sagittarius Cat
    Birthday : 1987-12-05
    Job/hobbies : deli
    Humor : ??
    Member :
    why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934adb18e6_f
    Registration date : 2008-10-25

Post by Kimihiro Li Sun 16 Nov 2008, 06:28

while not a perfect couple, I don't see it being any worse than yuuko/clow (yuuko could be thousands of years older than clow for all we know (unless other information was given that I don't know about heh)

I haven't seen it here, but at fanfiction.net it seems like only 1 out of every thousand stories that mention kaho put her in a positive light (in fact most seem to mention their hatred for kaho/eriol in the "teaser" below the title)
    cryingforthemoon

Virgo Monkey
    Birthday : 1980-09-08
    Job/hobbies : Wage Slave/On-and-Off Student
    Humor : simple
    Registration date : 2008-11-20

Post by cryingforthemoon Fri 21 Nov 2008, 09:16

I don't know why people keep forgetting this, but if you read the manga, you'd KNOW that Eriol is the same age as Fujitaka. He is his "other half" (both make up the "whole" soul of Clow Reed) and Spinel Sun told Sakura after the battle that Eriol had kept himself in that child form for a long time so that he could help her when the time came.
    So Eriol is older than Kaho. By a LOT. SHE is in fact, the younger one.
    I'm sure Eriol returns to his "true" form after we last see him. I mean, "Syaoran" in TRC did after the spell ended.

So anyway...to say you don't like the pairing because he's a "child" is wrong. He's an adult male who, using his magic, kept his outward appearance at age 10 until he could meet Sakura. I'm sure that once he gave up half his magic to Fujitaka that he probably could no longer sustain that spell anyway and gradually or perhaps even rapidly reverted to his true form.

Kaho is way better in the manga, though. I totally agree. ^_^
    I generally like the manga better anyway because my favorite 3 scenes aren't even in the anime. Eriol seems more mysterious, too. It still makes me upset when I think about it that they didn't tell the truth about Fujitaka and Eriol in the anime. So all these people still to this day think that Eriol is Sakura's age when he's Fujitaka's.
    Misty
    Misty

Virgo Rooster
    Birthday : 1993-09-10
    Job/hobbies : student
    Humor : nothing
    Gold Member : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934a5426a4_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934156e676_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934adb18e6_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Angelic
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

Post by Misty Fri 21 Nov 2008, 19:26

cryingforthemoon wrote:
    So anyway...to say you don't like the pairing because he's a "child" is wrong.
    I've never said that I don't like the pairing. What I meant is, the pairing aren't quite match in physical term of the appearance from what the manga was drawn.
    tomoyohime
    tomoyohime

Libra Horse
    Birthday : 1990-10-22
    Job/hobbies : student; ful-time fangirl
    Humor : disturbed? XD

Post by tomoyohime Sat 22 Nov 2008, 01:23

as i grew older/matured (*twiddles thumbs*), i realized that clamp's point that love is beyond time and space, XD.
    TomiSyao
    TomiSyao

Aries Rooster
    Birthday : 1993-04-15
    Job/hobbies : Writing, reading, sleeping, chating
    Humor : Randomness and Banana
    Silver Member :
    why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934156e676_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934adb18e6_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Cheerful
    Registration date : 2008-10-01

Post by TomiSyao Sat 22 Nov 2008, 01:32

I agree with cryingforthemoon. I have nothing against Eriol/Kaho, they actually look very cute together for me.
    Rayna
    Rayna
    User of the Month
    User of the Month

Leo Snake
    Birthday : 1989-08-15
    Job/hobbies : Selling photos/Social Service Worker
    Humor : Grand
    Member : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934adb18e6_f
    Mood : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Cheerful
    Registration date : 2008-10-24

Post by Rayna Sat 22 Nov 2008, 03:44

cryingforthemoon wrote:I don't know why people keep forgetting this, but if you read the manga, you'd KNOW that Eriol is the same age as Fujitaka. He is his "other half" (both make up the "whole" soul of Clow Reed) and Spinel Sun told Sakura after the battle that Eriol had kept himself in that child form for a long time so that he could help her when the time came.
    So Eriol is older than Kaho. By a LOT. SHE is in fact, the younger one.
    I'm sure Eriol returns to his "true" form after we last see him. I mean, "Syaoran" in TRC did after the spell ended.

So anyway...to say you don't like the pairing because he's a "child" is wrong. He's an adult male who, using his magic, kept his outward appearance at age 10 until he could meet Sakura. I'm sure that once he gave up half his magic to Fujitaka that he probably could no longer sustain that spell anyway and gradually or perhaps even rapidly reverted to his true form.

From what I understood, Eriol had retained his childhood form - he never grew up. Once he assisted Sakura to be the new master of the cards, he no longer had a reason to maintain his younger form. HOWEVER, I do not believe he could just magically grow into his adult self. In the manga, he still maintained in his childhood form even after all of the events. (Well, at least in Japan.)

I just didn't like the pairing in general, and I've read the manga. Mentally, Eriol was an adult, but physically, he's not and never was. (Unless you count him as Clow Reed, which he's not.)
    Although Kaho and Eriol being together benefitted Eriol in assisting Sakura. (Not saying that's why they were together!) I think it has more to do with magic, and being attracted to it ...
    amethyst-rose
    amethyst-rose

Aquarius Buffalo
    Birthday : 1986-02-08
    Job/hobbies : Student who enjoys anime/manga, crossovers, shoujo-ai, CLAMP, astronomy, drawing, lots of stuff XD
    Silver Member :
    why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934156e676_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 492934adb18e6_f why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? 4929348528fe4_f
    Mood : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Fine
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by amethyst-rose Sat 13 Dec 2008, 00:53

I have nothing against the pairing either and I'm not one for canon pairings most of the time, but with CLAMP a lot of their canon pairings sometimes seem pretty random or crack and I find myself liking them for that reason o.o

I was pretty surprised with the manga ending for this pairing actually, I hadn't expected it at all so I ended up reading it again to see if there had been any clues leading up to it and I didn't find any. So in my mind I almost consider it a crack pairing which is why I like it LoL XDD

I'm not much of a fanfic reader for CCS, so I won't bother ranting about all the Tomoyo/Eriol ones I've come across and feel that the authors just paired them so they "wouldn't be single" in all those SxS fics. Still, it'd be nice to find more than the one Kaho/Eriol fic out there that I've luckily come across a while back XD so lets just say that while Kaho/Eriol is not my top favourite pairing in the series, I do acknowledge it. Obviously CLAMP paired them up for a reason XD
    pinkTurtle
    pinkTurtle

Aquarius Goat
    Birthday : 1992-01-22
    Humor : I have some sort of it.
    Mood : why does everyone seem to hate the canon pairing kaho/eriol? Happy
    Registration date : 2009-03-29

Post by pinkTurtle Wed 15 Apr 2009, 18:11

i think kaho and eriol are cute together if only eriol looked older, and i didn't like how kaho was like in the manga kind of weird.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 06:54